Almost two weeks after a fatal traffic accident in which a pedestrian was run over in Bochum, a suspected driver is in custody. The 52-year-old was arrested after an intensive search on Tuesday evening in his apartment in Bochum-Wattenscheid, the police said on Wednesday. The driver’s license and the man’s car were secured. This is supposed to be the accident car.

Almost two weeks after a fatal traffic accident in which a pedestrian was run over in Bochum, a suspected driver is in custody. The 52-year-old was arrested after an intensive search on Tuesday evening in his apartment in Bochum-Wattenscheid, the police said on Wednesday. The driver’s license and the man’s car were secured. This is supposed to be the accident car.

The arrested man is said to have run over a 58-year-old woman late in the evening of April 29. The woman later died in hospital from her injuries. According to witness statements, the driver only got out briefly after the accident and then fled. During the investigation, the identity of the suspect and the license plate number of the accident car were quickly determined, the police said. His whereabouts were initially unclear.

Last Wednesday, the public prosecutor’s office in Bochum had already obtained an arrest warrant from the court on suspicion of negligent homicide and traffic accident escape. On Tuesday evening, the police arrested the wanted person without resistance.

https://www.stern.de/gesellschaft/regional/niedersachsen-bremen/bochum-toedlicher-unfall-mit-fahrerflucht–tatverdaechtiger-in-u-haft-31851524.html?utm_campaign=alle-nachrichten&utm_medium=rss-feed&utm_source=standard

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here